Friday, January 12, 2018

Acid Tree - My Plunge Into the Abstract

This tree is what did it for me. I painted for 12 hours, layers upon layers upon layers, just acrylic paint, water, and my brushes. And sometimes my fingers. I had an epiphany while painting this tree about how I can layer colours over each other in such a way that when you look at any one spot on the canvas (it's actually a board, but that's besides the point) you will be able to notice a myriad of colours underneath. How can that splotch of blue also be red and green and purple? I love it. I love it so much.

Acid Tree
This is what my tree looks like right now hanging on my wall. I used flash on my camera so it's not a streak-less photo, but that is what the first photo is for - a perfect display of what my piece really looks like, camera and technology flaws aside. This is how non-empty your wall would look:



Here is my tree just a few hours after I had finally put the last paint stroke on (my final stroke was Alizarin, in case you were wondering):



 And here's a little something for the kids. Below left I am taking a photo with my painting to be in an article in my local paper about my art scholarship I had been awarded at the end of my second year of school. Below right I am taking a photo in front of my painting because I noticed my hair matched.






















More about the painting: It is 3 feet by 3 feet, 1 3/4 inches thick, and made of the same type of chemically treated wood as my Blue and Purple Tree from my previous post. I made a frame all around the back of the board so it can hang on a couple of screws/nails. I am asking $400.00 for this piece though I would like 5. And it fits beautifully in between my Blue and Purple Trees, so if you want all three, I'm willing to discuss numbers. They work mighty fine together as a feature item.

Thanks for reading, and please give this a share if you know someone needing a spruce in their decor.


No comments:

Post a Comment