Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Landscape of Rosebud and a Dripping Tree

Small Blue Drip Tree (SOLD)

Today I would like to introduce to you to one of my favourites (I know, I say that about all of my paintings). I was inspired for the leaves and the branches by a friend I was painting with that day who uses a lot of swiggly wiggly lines and I really love the effect it gave. I used masking tape around the edges as I was painting it so as it developed you would still be able to see the initial colours I chose to put down. I really enjoy layering in my paintings, so when you stop to look at one part of the canvas, your eye isn't sure what colour it's looking at.


It's done in acrylic and on your average canvas, about 20 inches x 16 inches, 3/4 inch thick. Right now it's just hanging out on the side wall of our game room, just waiting to be owned by a lover of colour.  am asking $150.00 for this painting, but I understand if the size might bring it's value down slightly. Just slightly though. I sold this bottom one for $150.00, same size, about the same amount of effort to create, and I think it was a fair sale:

Twin Trees (SOLD)
Reminder: This painting is sold.

Next on the agenda we have my Rosebud landscape. If you've ever visited the tiny hamlet of Rosebud, Alberta, you may recognize this windy river and hillscape. I may have represented the hills more like mountains, but tiny rolling hills just aren't that interesting to me. I like grandiose, I like nature in it's most awe-filled moments. So here we have my Rosebud landscape.

Rosebud Landscape (SOLD)

I am very proud of this piece. Rarely when I use such a detailed reference material it very rarely turns out how I wanted it to, but perhaps it's because I grew up looking at this landscape, but it just wasn't difficult for me to get down. I'm impressed with the reflections in the water and my depth and perspective, while remaining true to my abstract and colourful ways. This is another piece that I would not be that heart broken if I never got rid of, and as such I am asking $150.00 for this 18 inch x 14 inch canvas.

It's happy living in my hallway.


Please feel free to give this post a share if you think you might know someone who would like a Grace original in their life. I would be more than happy to share a piece. <3 Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Grace it's Louella. I would've recognized those landscapes as Rosebud even if you hadn't given that info. They're beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Awh thank you. And thanks for reading! :D

      Delete