Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Painting Venting - 2 More Paintings

I remember one afternoon at school I was feeling extra inspired and had to get some painting venting out before I could get started on my 'real' project. So out came these two, pop pop. I didn't plan what either of them were going to be before I got started, and as the images started to emerge I went with it, and out came these babies.

This is my Cityscape in Red and Blue, it reminds me of a really industrialized city, but then again it could be a forest, and it could be a forest that's being cleared, hence all the red. I don't know, it is what you make it out to be, but that is what I love about my paintings. Who am I to tell you what you're supposed to see in my abstract paint splatter of a painting?

Cityscape in Red and Blue (SOLD)

The next painting I blurted out of my brushes was this lovely lade below. The canvas is primed with a loadful of texture, so going back and forth with my colours over said texture left a lot of really interesting patterns and details beneath the surface. Then the icy blue tree is just so striking, I really do love the colours in this one.

Icy Blue

Both of these paintings are done on 16 inch x 1 foot canvas and I actually have no starting price for these two. They were never really something I ever intended to make and I would be most delighted to see them go to a loving home. Make me an offer and I'll consider it.


 Thank you for taking the time today to read some more about my art. It means a lot and I really appreciate your time and your shares.

No comments:

Post a Comment